My Everyday Keto Foods

So, I think we all kind of get in a groove when it comes to what we eat. I may change it up here and there, but there's usually at least some of the same stuff every day. When I get too much in a rut, it literally will be the same food every day...but that's a different story.

Remember, I may be compensated for any purchases made through the links below!

Let's look...
Can coffee taste good without a handmade mug? I don't know...

Breakfast


  • Coffee with collagen powder and heavy whipping cream (I brew mine in this)
  • 2 pastured, organic eggs cooked in butter with bacon or sausage, served with a side of salsa verde
  • If I prep my meals in advance, I'll make a breakfast bake with 1 lb cooked breakfast sauce topped with about a dozen eggs, 1 cup of cream, and salt and pepper. Bake for about 35 minutes at 350...such a convenient way to start the day!
Can we just pause and reflect on salsa verde for a second? It is a flavor powerhouse and is about 1 net carb per 2 tbs serving. It makes my breakfast so enjoyable and makes sure the eggs stay nice and moist.


Lunch


  • Cauliflower rice cooked with butter, Himalayan salt, a pepper served with some sort of cooked meat (often slow-cooked pork or chicken) and potentially chopped asparagus or another green vegetable

  • If I'm feeling really fancy, I may even add some sugar-free BBQ sauce, but I usually limit this as ANY sweetener makes me crave sugar for days.

Click here to learn which supplements I take throughout the day!

Meal Stretcher

I wrote all about how I keep myself from going hangry on busy days - click here!

  • Macadamia nuts and  a cheese stick (If I know I'll be in town for a long-time and will probably be hungry before my hour long commute home, I'll often bring macadamia nuts and a cheese stick)
  • Unsweetened sparkling water (At home, I just make my own with this)

keto-salad-greens

Dinner


  • Large salad with fresh greens, cucumbers, red onion, feta, salami, olive oil, lemon juice, and lots of salt and pepper
  • We recently had a huge birthday party and had brisket leftovers in the fridge. I lived off a salad of romaine with brisket, sliced pickles, shredded cheddar, ranch, and BBQ sauce - so delicious!

Of course, every day is different, but I generally operate off of a variation of this model everyday. Sometimes, especially day, I have taken to having a large salad for both lunch and dinner. Sometimes, you just want something warm!

What are your go-to meals? Tell us below!

Comments

  1. This is so helpful, I love to get ideas for how different people handle keto living.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment